- Math Competency Form
- Clarification on Student Assessment Placement (DOC)
- Assessment RETEST Policies
- Assessment Testing Chart
- ESL Assessment Retesting & Recency Flowchart
- SCC Assessment ATB Retest Approval Form (Rev 7/13)
- Placement Re-Evaluation Petition (PREP) form
- New Los Rios Reading Competency Test Policy
Information on Portability
- New Assessment Portability (accepted by all Los Rios Colleges)
- How to Access Assessment Scores in Peoplesoft
Old Assessment Scores Accepted by other Los Rios Colleges
Effective February 16, 2013, any placement older than 3 years old is expired. Tests taken after February 16, 2013 are good for 2 years. See District-wide Assessment Retest Policy.
Old ARC Math Assessment Scores
ARC administers TWO types of math assessments:
- We do not accept:
Assessment scores for non-transferable courses (MATH 120, Intermediate Algebra, and below) because it is a self-assessment and completed on-line. LRC ONLY
- We do accept:
Written assessment scores for transferable math courses (MATH 300 and above).
How to Compute Multiple Measure Scores
Instructional Videos for Staff & Faculty
Additional Course Planner Info
As of Spring 2020, per Blanche Levy, we no longer ask for catalog requirements and transcripts to be attached. We started using the ISEP for VA plans when we moved to remote services. I’m not sure if we’re going to keep this process whenever we can return to campus, but this is what we’re doing right now. Here are the guidelines for using the ISEP:
- Please state in the comments box that the plan is a VA planner.
- Please list total prior credit earned in the comments box along with total credit needed. Also include a breakdown of the completed requirements toward the plan. For example, if a student has completed one major requirement and Areas A1, A2, and C1 of CSU gen ed, you need to specify that in the comments in addition to the total prior credit earned. If all of GE is complete, you can just state “all GE is complete.”
- Each needed major or gen ed requirement listed within the ISEP should have a note stating if it’s a major requirement or what area of gen ed it covers.
- Please be sure you are reviewing all Los Rios and external transcripts. Students will need to send you external transcripts via email if they are not scanned in Onbase.
- Be as detailed as possible, and be sure every major and gen ed requirement is either listed as completed in the comments or listed as needed within the ISEP.
- Once a VA course planner is completed, please email to Blanche Levy with the student’s name and ID number